From Virtonomics (online economic game) Wiki
Revision as of 21:03, 27 August 2016 by Jeka igla
|Official Virtonomics FAQ|
► GENERAL QUESTIONS.
▪ Can I earn real money in this game?
No! This is a game, not a casino.
▪ Is it allowed to transfer funds from one player to another?
There are no legal ways to do it, unless banking system is realized.
▪ A friend of mine has started to play Virtonomics. I want to help him by buying his goods at overrated price. Is it legal?
Sure it is not legal. But if you write an e-mail to our support service, describe your situation and support will approve it — in this case all is legal.
▪ How to start the game from the very beginning?
Go to "My office" --> "Profile". Read the information and click on "Restart" button.
▪ How can I continue the game process? I don't understand how I can proceed to the next day.
You can't proceed to the next day by yourself. Next game week will start after the update (server maintenance). You can read more about the update here: "My office" --> "Realms".
▪ How much virtual (game) time does it take for a real day?
One real day is equal to one game week.
▪ How to make it go faster?
You can't make tvirtual time go faster, it's the same for all players.
▪ When I select currency for my company, no automatic conversion happens. Why?
There is a conversion actually, but the currency exchange rate in Virtonomics is temporarily 1:1.
▪ Is there a special software (client program) for your game?
There is no special sofware and we don't plan to create it in the nearest future. Besides, it is forbidden to use any external client programs.
▪ How does the system calculate the cost of produced goods?
Prime cost is calculated as foolows: (raw material cost + salary of employees + expenses for fuel ad energy + defective goods + general production expenses + managment costs) / quantity of produced goods.
▪ How can I estimate transportation costs? For example, if I have one piece of goods with price X, how much will it cost to deliver it from point A to point B (considering transport, customes and other expenses)?
When you order the goods you see the window of suppliers selection, which contains several columns: price of goods, delivery, customs (the higher the price of goods, the bigger customs duty is) and the final cost of the goods. There is no other way to see transportation expenses. You can also read more about customs duties here: «Game world" --> "World map" --> "Regions".
▪ How can I buy a production enterprise?
Go to game menu and select "Enterprise market". You'll see the list of all available enterprises there.
▪ I want to start a production. How much will it cost and what product should I prefer?
To create more or less profitable enterprise you need at least 2-3 millions. The best way is to have 100 millions and 3-4 experience points. Agriculture is not so costly.
▪ What is a license? What's the difference between technology purchase and license purchase?
License can be introduced to one enterprise only, and it is not as expensive as technology. But if you buy a technology, you can introduce it to all enterprises of your company.
▪ I want to buy a license for my enterprise. How can I know for sure its price?
Go to "Game world" --> "License market review". Select required specialization and technology level, click on "Previous day results". Click on "Supply" and "Demand" to see the exact numbers.
▪ How does my qualification grow?
Qualification in a certain field grows in case if your corresponding enterprises work stable and profitable. You can read more in special HELP chapters.
▪ How can I hire employees?
Open the subdivision you need and click on "Salary and employees". Enter number of employees and fix their salary. After that click on "Save changes".
▪ Can I sell goods to different companies at different prices?
There is one rule: one enterprise - one shipping price. However, you can make a discount for certain customers: for this purpose, you ,must set "sell to certain companies" mode at your enterprise, set the price with discount and select the buyer. After this you can build a warehouse and deliver remaining goods there to sell it at "standard" price to all other customers. You also can do the opposite: use enterprise to sell goods to all companies, and use warehouse to sell goods at special price only to certain players.
▪ Can the supplier cancel goods delivery without any explanations?
Yes, he can.
▪ How soon will I receive the goods I've ordered?
On the next day, i.e. after the update. Providing that you have enough money to pay for the order.
▪ Is it reasonable to order goods in case if the column «Available» is 0?
It is not very reasonable: your supplier has no available goods in stock. Of course, the goods can appear tomorrow (if somebody cancels the contract in your favour, or if the supplier expands his production). It is also possible that the supplier will mark you out and you'll get priority, - however, it is highly unlikely.
▪ I can't find my company in «Reports/City retail» (I selected my country and my city).
The matter is that this report includes only 10 stores with best sales.
▪ How can I see the city average brand, price and quality?
Go to marketing reports in "City retail" section.
▪ I see the following message: «Office is not operating. Data on efficiency of your new employees requires additional evaluation». What does it mean?
Data on efficiency of your office will change after the update. Now you should wait.
▪ The goods in the warehouse don't appear in the list of suppliers in "my" section, when I set "sell only to my company" mode. The goods only appear after I specify selling price. But I don't think that it's right to sell goods to myself.
Each enterprise in Virtonomics is an independent economic unit. The supplying enterprise can sell goods to the buying enterprise only at a clearly specified price. In case if the price is not specified - there will be no bargain.
▪ How can I become an employee of another player?
At the moment there is no labour market in our game.
▪ I've sent my empoyees for training. How can I get them back if the training is not over yet?
You can't. You have to wait until the end of training.
▪ What's the purpose of warehouses?
You need warehouses to regulate shipments and to create a stock of various products. In general, warehouse is the only tool you can use to sell identical goods at different price. Use warehouse in case if you want to supply your products from your factory to your stores at the price just a little bit higher than prime-cost and in the same time sell the remaining goods to other players at market price.
▪ Can I buy a technology of high level at once or I need to buy them in turn (2, 3, 4...)?
You can buy any technology level you want. However, high levels require high-skilled workers and high-quality equipment. Besides, top-manager's qualification must be appropriate as well. Please also remember that the missed levels will slow down your science research.
▪ What's the purpose of a franchise? It doesn't influence quality or quantity of produced goods, so why do I need it?
Franchise provides a bonus to goods' brand in all cities.
▪ Can I make any investments? Can I buy shares in any company?
By the moment there is no stock market in our game. Investments are: entrprise construction and equipment purchase.
▪ I want to expand my factory/store, but I'm afraid that it stop working at the time of reconstruction.
It won't. Your enterprise will stay operable.
▪ I want to cancel construction of an enterprise. Can I get my funds back?
You can't since your money already are invested.
▪ The system says that my company went bankrupt and puts it up for sale, but I have 14979127.13 on my account!
If you've credit funds to your account only today, your company status will change after the update.
► QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENT.
▪ How can I convert game points into cash?
Go to "My office" --> "Points and qualification". In the bottom of the page you will see a conversion form.
▪ I've made payment, but I can't see any game points on my account. What's wrong?
Send an e-mail to our Support service (click on the link in the bottom of your screen). Specify your game account number, payment method, date and time. We'll do our best to solve this problem in the shortest possible terms.
▪ !!!!!!!! How can I buy game points via bank?
Select "Buy game points" --> "Bank transfer", enter the required number of game points, your full name, home address, print the invoice and take it to the bank.
▪ !!!!!!!!!!!!How can I activate the express-payment card?
Go to Game menu, select "Buy game points" --> "Express-payment card" and enter the PIN-code.
▪ I've activated the express-payment card, but my cash amount didn't change. How come?
The matter is you get only hame points, not cash. However, you can convert game points into cash, or use them to raise your qualification (go to "My office").
▪ !!!!!!!!!!!!The terminal requires CVC2 code, but I can't see it on my card. Any suggestions?
VISA Electron and MASTERCARD Cirrus Maestro (so-called «light» cards) don't have CVC2/CVV2 codes. To get this code you need to contact support service of your bank. You will have no problems with payment via classic cards VISA and MASTERCARD (the required codes are printed on the card's back side).
► QUESTIONS ABOUT ADVERTISING AND OFFICE.
▪ Why do I need the office?
Office represents your company in a certain region. Office controls all your subdivisions located in this area and manages advertising.
▪ I've just started to play. I've created my office, hired 4 people. I've also opened a store (500 square meters) and hired 30 shop assistants. As result, efficiency is only 56%. I can't understand, how many office managers I'm supposed to have? How many shop assistants? I want my efficiency to be at least 80%.
For a start, 10 sales assistants and 4 office managers must be enough. In case if you only have one store, even 2 office managers will be OK.
▪ If talking about store network, what is the best strategy of brand development? Should I promote every single store or should I make only one general advertising campaign for my office?
Office can advertise only products. You can`t promote any stores there. You must make separate ad campaign for each store.
▪ I can`t start product advertising, because the page is empty. Why?
You only can advertise the product, which you produce by yourself.
▪ My factory is not built yet, should I start developing the brand?
It is reasonable: it will help you to make your brand more popular.
▪ In case if I suspend ad campaign for a long time, my brand will lose reputation, right?
▪ I have a high brand of sugar in Hamburg. But when I order sugar for my store from my own farm, its brand is 0. Why?
Brand is only valid for those products, which were produced before the advertizing campaign.
► QUESTIONS ABOUT LABORATORIES.
▪ I've built different laboratories and developed technology up to level 3. But I can't put them up for sale: when I try to do it, I see a message "Error. You have too many possible offers for technology sale. If you still want to put this technology up for sale, you need to cancel another one (or more)". What does it mean?
There is a restriction for technology sale: in case if your "Science research" qualification is 10 or less, then you only can offer 10 technologies (or less). In case if your qualification is higher than 10, then the number of technologies which you can offer is equal to your "Science research" qualification level.
▪ I've built a factory with a technology of level 5. Now I want to sell it to the company, which doesn`t have this technology. Will my technology level decrease?
No, it won't. But the buyer will not actually own this technology.
▪ 've developed a new technology and intoduced it. In case if I sell this technology, will it disappear from those productions where it already was applied?
No, the technology will stay with you.
▪ I have two similar laboratories. But in the first one stage of preliminary research takes 3 turns, and in another – 6 turns. The first laboratory has 6 level, second has only 5.
Research speed depends on the following items: is the technology world-wide known? is it available for sale? what about the previous technological level? how did you get this technolgy - purchased or invented? what about your "Science research" qualification level?
▪ On the poultry farm technology of level 3 is cheaper than technology of level 2. Why?
Technology price changes in time. Scientists set the price based on their personal calculations.
▪ Research level is now above 5. How to attach any factory/farm to the laboratory?
Go to "Laboratory" --> "Research". The production enterprise must have a tehcnology of previous level.
▪ The research is finished. How get deallocate the production enterprise?
If the research is finished, the laboratory will be automatically deallocated.
► QUESTIONS ABOUT MINES AND FACTORIES.
▪ How can I buy a field?
You can buy a field in the special auction. Auction date and time will be announced beforehand. You also can buy a field for game points at the market of state enterprises.
▪ When I build a milk factory, I can select specialization. For example, I can produce yogurts (quality modifier +50%). What does it mean?
Output product quality +50% means, that if standard dairy products have quality = 5.00, yogurt will have quality = 7.5 .
▪ The mine(field) has 100 millions pcs of raw material. What will happen after all this material is used up?
You'll have to buy a new mine.
▪ I have ordered raw material from independent supplier, but I can't buy it. Why?
Your current assets are not enough for this purchase. Your company account must have a sum, almost equal to company's expenses.
▪ I have 1200 units of goods at my factory. 2000 have been ordered, but only 100 are sold – and it lasts for 2 days. What is the problem?
Most likely, your customer doesn't have enough assets for this order. It will be reasonable if you cancel this agreement and let other customers buy your products.
▪ How can I build a factory?
Only the president of a company can build a factory. If you want to open a factory, go to “Companies/subdivisions” and click on “New subdivision”. You will see a new window. Select type of enterprise (Factory) and click “Next”. After this you must choose factory type, region and city, size, specialization (within the limits of chosen type) and technology level. After this you must confirm your decision.
▪ When choosing a city, please pay attention to workers education level and average salary.
When choosing factory size, consider period and cost of building. The cost of building will be deducted from your company's assets in the end of building process. In case if by this time your assets will not be enough, then factory construction will be temporarily frozen. Once you have confirmed you decision to build a factory, you can't cancel it. During the cinstruction period you can't sell or change any parameters of your enterprise.
▪ How can I expand my factory?
You can expand your facilities by constructing new production buildings. If you want to expand your factory, enter your enterprise page and click on “Change size”. Factory expansion is only possible when you haven't reached your maximum size of enterprise. Construction of new buildings will take several weeks. During this time you can cancel your decision about factory expansion. It is impossible to decrease the factory size.
▪ How can I hire (dismiss) workers?
If you want to hire or dismiss workers, you should go to your enterprise page and click on "Workers and salary". After this a new window will appear. Enter the number of workers you need and confirm your decision by clicking on "Save". The number of hired workers can not exceed maximum possible number of employees for this kind and this size of factory.
▪ How can I set salary?
If you want to change your workers salary, go to enterprise page, click on “Workers and salary”. You will see a new window. Enter the salary you want and click on “Save”. Average level of workers salary is equal to average city salary. Qualification of workers corresponds to education index of city people. Changes in salary will come into force starting from the current week. Salary increase will help to improve workers qualification.
▪ How can I arrange training for my workers?
If you want to arrange training for your factory workers, go to enterprise page and click on “Workers and salary”. You will see a new window. Click on “Workers training”. After this set the period of training and confirm your decision by clicking on “Save”. Training can last from 1 to 4 weeks. Training cost is directly proportional to training period. Training price will be withdrawn in the end of training period. During training the factory will operate in a standard mode.
▪ How can I purchase equipment?
Machines for your factory are produced on machine-building factories. If you want to install new or additional machines, go to factory page, click “Equipment” and select “Buy”. In the new window choose a supplier and click on “Next” button. Enter the number of machines you want to buy and click “Buy”. The best quality of factory equipment is according to the production technology level. If the quality of your equipment is too high, it won't bring any positive effect on production, but it can require workers with better skills.
▪ How can I repair my equipment?
If you need to repair your equipment, go to factory page, click "Equipment" and choose "Repair". After this select machines supplier in a new window and click "Next". Enter the needed quantity (equal to the number of worn-out machines) and click "Buy". You can repair your machines only in case if you have 1 or more worn-out machines.
▪ How can I write off old equipment?
When you raise your technology level, you may need to improve quality of equipment. For this purpose you can write off old equipment (or a part of it) and buy new equipment for replacement. If you want to write off old equipment, go to factory page and click "Equipment". Select "Write off" and enter the number of machines, which you intend to write off. Click on "Write off" button. After this you'll need to buy new machines for replacement. Wear value is equally distributed among all your machines, so wear index (in percents) won't change after you write off a part of old equipment.
▪ How can I change specialization?
For some factories it is possible to change their specialization (change the product or product kind: for example, wine, vodka and whiskey are different kinds of one product "Alcohol drinks"). If you want to change the specialization of your enterprise, go to the enterprise page and open “Production”, then click "Change specialization", you will see a new window, select product/product type you want to produce and click on "Save". Please remember, that you may need to buy new raw material.
▪ How to purchase raw material?
If you want to add new supplier of raw material, go the enterprise page and open "Supply". Then click on "Add supplier", select one product in a new window. After this click on "Next" and enter the quantity and price restriction, then click on "Save". If you need to change supplier, open "Supply" and click on "Change supplier". If you want to cancel supply from a certain supplier, then select this supplier and click on "cancel supply" in a new window.
▪ How can I improve factory efficiency?
Efficiency is one of the most important factors. Workers and equipment productivity, quality and quantity of produced goods, and even financial results depend on factory efficiency. The most common reasons of low efficiency: insufficient quality of equipment (with high technology level), insufficient skills of workers (with high quality equipment), or insufficient qualification of factory manager (with high qualification of workers). Efficiency of the main office also influences factory efficiency. If you want to know more, please read the detailed info about efficiency.
▪ How can I change the factory name?
If you need to change the name of your factory, go to enterprise page and click on "Enterprise name". After that enter the name you want in a new window and confirm your decision. The only person who can change this name - is the president of the company. As usual, enterprise name includes certain number set for similar-type enterprises (it is more convenient when you need to manage many similar-type enterprises located in one city).
▪ How can I sell the factory?
If you want to sell your factory, go to enterprise page and click on “Sell enterprise”. After that you will see a new window, enter the sale price (from 70% to 300% of enterprise assets) and click on “Put the enterprise up for sale”. Please consider that you can't sell your enterprise in the following cases:
1) if you have installed a new technology (within 30 days starting from the moment of introduction);
2) if your company is younger than 2 months
3) if you've bought this subdivision within the present-day update.
1) if you have installed a new technology (within 30 days starting from the moment of introduction);
2) if your company is younger than 2 months
3) if you've bought this subdivision within the present-day update.
▪ How can I close the factory?
If you want to close the factory, go to enterprise page and click on "Close enterprise" link. After this you will see the new window, click on "Close enterprise" button. Cost of factory liquidation is 10% of its production facilities cost.
► QUESTIONS ABOUT STORES.
▪ I've created a store and sent my request for product purchase to each of my suppliers. When will they deliver the ordered goods to my warehouse?
The goods will be delivered on the next day, after the game update.
▪ I've opened a store, purchased products, but there are no employees. When will they appear?
They can't just appear – you have to hire them. Open your store page, click on “Employees and salary”. Enter the needed number of employees in the new window and set their salary.
▪ I've just opened my first store. How much goods should I order for a start?
It will be better if you order little by little. In case if your product is sold out, on the next day you can order a little more. Sales volume depends on several factors: your commercial qualification, city, region, store size, number of departments, goods quality and price, market situation, store reputation etc. This is why in the beginning it will be better if you order little by little: for example, 20~30% of this product's average sales volume (according to the sales report in your area). If you sales increase, you can increase goods volume accordingly.
▪ What factors influence sales volume in my store?
Sales volume depends on: number of customers, prices, quality and brand of products. It also depends on store efficiency.
▪ Can I purchase products of different quality and sell it separately to wealthy and poor customers?
Everything that you buy will be mixed in the warehouse, so in result you will have a product with average quality, average brand and average price. Exceptions are TM or franchise products. For example, if you have chosen several milk suppliers and ordered usual "Milk" (icon – bottle milk) and TM-milk "Pasteurized milk" (icon – carton box milk), these products won't be mixed in the warehouse.
▪ Does it make any difference, if in one store I sell compatible (like bread and milk) or incompatible (bread and cars) goods?
As a rule, specialized store (consists of one department) works better. But theoretically, a store with many departments and variety of products can also bring good results. Size of sales area is very important.
▪ How many units of goods can I place into one unit of strore's area?
onventionally, capacity of warehouse and sales area is not limited. Everything is determined by the demand.
▪ When should I increase (decrease) the area of my store?
There is no specific rule for this point. By increasing your store area, you will get more customers and improve service level. But after you get more customers, you'll need to hire more sales assistance. Service level depends on store area, the number of sales assistances and their skills. Service level also depends on how many departments you have in your store: if you have only a couple of departments, they will occupy bigger area and service level will be higher.
▪ The system says, that there I have to increase number of employees. But at the same time it says, that my store probably has too many sellers. What does it mean?
It's easy: the number of sellers is not enough for customers service, but it is too much for the manager of your store - he can't handle them all.
▪ I want to deliver the goods produced on my pig farm to my store. I mean, I don't want to sell it to myself. Is it possible?
Only the following ways are available in the game: you can sell goods at fixed price to the warehouse, to the factory or to the store (yours, or other companies). No other methods.
▪ I've hired employees and bought products, but I no sales so far. Why?
It is a very frequent thing: new players don't pay much attention to the quality, brand or price of purchased goods. In cases like this it is impossible to sell product and gain profit. We recommend you to pay attention to market reports and to the average figures of city statistics. Another possible reason is: you have chosen a very small market and/or competition level is too high (for example, automobile market in small Europe cities).
▪ As I look at sales reports, I see letters AAA, A, C. What does it mean?
This is a grade, which indicates situation in city market. AAA – market is overglutted. Supply exceeds demand more than three times; AA – market is overglutted. Supply exceeds demand more than two times; A – market is overglutted; B – market is glutted; C – market is starting to glut; D – market is not glutted; E – market is not glutted, segment of local suppliers is more than 50%.
► QUESTIONS ABOUT AGRICULTURE.
▪ I've built a cow house, bought cows, hired staff, bought forage. But the game informs me that cows are starving. Why is this happening?
Forage you've ordered will be delivered to your farm only on the next day. So you must purchase forage first, and only on the next turn – purchase animals.
▪ I've ordered animal forage from independent supplier, but purchase faild. As result, health of my animals became worse.
Your company doesn't have enough funds. If you need to buy something and want to be sure that purchase will be fulfilled, then your company must have cash almost equal to its turnover.
▪ My animals are in poor health, but forage is enough. Why is this happening?
Maybe you should pay more attention to the quality of animals forage. If you don't want your animals to be in poor health, the quality of fodder must be at least half of livestock quality.
▪ I've bought a farm technology of level 2. In case if I build one more farm, should I buy this technology again?
No, there is no need to do it. If you've bought a technology, you can introduce it to any number of farms.
▪ How can I improve quality of cows, which I already have?
There is no way to improve quality of the cows you already have. You need to buy or produce new ones.
▪ How can I improve quality of cows, which I produce? Maybe I should buy better forage for them?
Yes, this is one of the ways to improve quality of produced goods. However the production technology is still more important. Besides, pay attention to farm efficiency – it influences the quality of produced animals.